1. Stick to a scheme: While I've seen rooms that have a broad color scheme and look GORGEOUS, I prefer rooms that have a set scheme with a small handful of matching colors.
2. Going bold on your walls: If you have a vibrant/bold color on your walls, I bet it looks awesome! If you aren't as comfortable doing a whole room with one bright color, try doing an accent wall! It makes the room pop perfectly, just not as risky as a whole room. If you go bold on the wall(s), try more subtle accents and decor.
3. Light up a room using the floor: If you're starting from scratch, consider going graphic with your flooring! I love a herringbone patterned floor like this one especially for a bathroom. It gives depth and pattern - without making too much of a "bright" statement! Or for a bedroom or living room, try a brightly patterned area rug like this one!
4. Vibrant patterns in a small way: I think a great way to somewhat-subtly make a statement is to DIY a bookshelf to look similar to this! Making a statement while keeping it understated all at the same time!
5. Go bold with bedding: If you're looking to make a statement in your bedroom, a great way to do so is getting a brightly patterned bed set within your color scheme! Chevron, ikat, stripes and paisley prints are all great ways to go.
6. All in the textiles: As you can see above in my current dream living room, I'm all about the wall art and patterned pillows!! Having a bright (or even neutral) colored sofa, mixed with a patterned accent chair and some gorgeous textured and patterned throw pillows makes me SO happy! Bright wall art also can make a room pop - especially a floral design that matches your color scheme to a T! But for real - how gorgeous do those details look together?!
7. Last but not least, lamps: While it's important to have lamps for ample lighting in any given room, these are also some of the most important decorative items too! Try a patterned lamp shade for some real POP! I especially love a bold colored shade like this one.