Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Monday, June 29, 2015
Saturday, June 27, 2015
Chocolate (milk, dark, white)
Toppings of choice
- Oreo crumbs
- Cookie crumbs
- Kettle corn
- Mini M&M's
- Crushed pretzels
- Shredded coconut
- Your favorite candy
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl that will be easy to dip your sized cones/cups in
2. Dip (or spread with spoon) the cone/cup in the chocolate on its rim
3. Once coated in chocolate, add desired topping(s). Place the finished cone or cup onto a sheet of parchment paper on a plate or cookie sheet that will fit in your fridge.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
1. Giselle Column Vases - Plantation Design
2. Set of 3 Flower Cocottes with Tray - Le Creuset
3. Chevron Riviera Stools - Serena & Lily
4. Gridley Lime Pillow - Trina Turk
5. Caffe Woven Clutch in Turquoise - Revolve
6. Acne Ely Croco Olive Green Portfolio Clutch - Hampden
7. Vanna Crop Top & Skirt Set - Lilly Pulitzer
8. Graphic Printed Hamper - West Elm
9. Margot Popover Dress - Serena & Lily
10. Westport Lemon Yellow Standard Adirondack Chair - Bellacor
11. Les Touches Aqua Pillow - Arianna Belle
12. Personalized Lucite Tray - Zhush
13. Dixin Sandals - Dolce Vita
14. Pineapple Cilantro Glass Candle - Illume
Monday, June 22, 2015
Saturday, June 20, 2015
Floppy hat: I've been iffy about getting one of these this season - but apparently I have a good hat head! So I think I need one of these! I love this trend and now I'm on the hunt for the perfect floppy straw hat! These can be pretty pricey, like this gorgeous floppy hat but there are lots of options that honestly look exactly like the more expensive ones! I've found a couple I liked, but none that I love yet - so the hunt continues!
Naked Smoky Palette: words cannot describe just how excited I am for July 8th!! The next palette in the Naked collection is officially being released and you can bet that I'll be at my Sephora bright and early to get my hands on this gem! The Naked collection is by far worth every cent. I love all the colors and there's SO many tutorials and beauty bloggers and vloggers that give tips on using these palettes! Naked 2 has been my favorite out of all three for the past year or two but I have a feeling that this new palette is going to take the cake!
Aveeno Ultra Calming night cream: I found this product while scrolling through new arrivals on Ulta's website and after reading the description I knew it was a must try! Although I do protect my face with SPF moisturizer during the summer, sunburn is usually inevitable (for me anyway). Sunburn leads to dry skin and dry skin leads to bad complexion - so this nighttime moisturizer seems perfect! I've been looking for a product like this that would rejuvenate my summer skin overnight so I can't wait to try this.
Tory Burch Miller in Electric Eel: by far my favorite summer sandals! These come in every color and pattern you could possibly think of and I'm always itching to buy more! This turquoise color though is calling my name! My favorite color on my favorite shoe?! I definitely recommend these sandals because they can be worn every day or even can be dressed up. These teal millers are at the top of my wishlist this season!
St. Tropez: this brand has some of the best beauty and skin products I have ever used! This gradual self tanner doesn't turn you orange and doesn't get streaky which is hard to come by! I've tried my fair share of self tanners aside from tanning beds and spray tans and I've never quite liked one as much as the St. Tropez tanner! This has been on my wishlist and I just purchased it to use and I love it. I normally don't use self tanner during the Summer since I love laying in the sun, but at the beginning of the season when I'm not yet tan, this is a must use!
Urban Decay lip gloss: I recently found out that Urban Decay makes lip gloss and I am dying to get my hands on one of these! It comes in so many colors - I'm dying to try it in Failbait!
Kendra Scott Rayne pendant: this necklace is absolutely gorgeous and I love so much that the pendant matches Kendra's Danielle earrings. I definitely want to get this necklace for the summer especially!
Sun Bum sea spray: I first saw this collection in Aerie and recently saw it in Nordstrom as well! My hair is naturally curly and in the summer it's almost impossible to manage. I also use this time of year to give my hair a break from product and heat - since I'm mostly by the pool or out anyway where I can have my hair up or pulled back. The entire Sun Bum collection definitely seems worth a try! They have SPF facial products, sunscreen and hair products - which is what I'm most wanting to try for an every day beach wave look!
Alex & Ani: these bangles are some of my favorite jewelry to wear all summer long! The two I most want to add to my collection now are the pineapple bangle and the starfish bangle! They both are so summery and I definitely want to add these two into my collection to wear for the summer! I don't usually wear jewelry to the beach but these bangles are some I will wear because they aren't annoying on my wrist and are super fun!
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Monday, June 15, 2015
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Thursday, June 4, 2015
Latergram: There's lots of times that I take a bunch of pictures at once that I love and want to have posted, but in the hopes of having each seen, I never want to post them all at once. Thanks to Latergram, I can have every picture I wanted posted at a set time without forgetting to post them! You can schedule pictures to be posted along with their captions and then all you have to do is post! Super easy, super time saving and super helpful when you have a million other things you're thinking about!
The Simplified Planner: My absolute favorite planner app! I still prefer an actual planner that I can jot things down in, but having a planner on my phone that I can write things down in at any time is much more practical. Not only does it give you a calendar and note section, but it has a section that lets you keep track of your appointments/plans! It also gives an inspirational quote along with your day at-a-glance to start your day. I love this app - it's one of the few paid apps I have but it is worth every penny!
Dropbox: This is hands down one of my favorite apps I've ever had! I use this for everything - you can upload pictures, videos and documents and log into your Dropbox account anywhere to access them. This is helpful in more ways than just to help you blog; most e-mail services only allow you to attach images/videos up to 25 MB which is a huge problem for me when I'm trying to send myself videos to and from my computer. Especially after going to a concert - I love backing these up to Dropbox and being able to watch my videos whenever I want to without it taking up a lot of space on my phone! You get 2 GB worth of space free for every account and they're super reasonable if you want to go beyond that amount (shh, I have 3-4 accounts so I have 8 GB of free space before having to pay! ;) Dropbox makes it simple to send yourself photos for posts, etc. I would definitely recommend!
Swipes: This app is the best for creating a to-do list, especially if you're someone who can never remember to actually do the things on their to do list (me...)!! This is similar to the reminders app that comes with iPhone but I personally like Swipes better because you can set up multiple lists based on its category. For example, personal, business or blogging tasks.
Stylebook: This app is pretty new (to me anyway) and isn't free, but I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and it's one of those apps that I honestly WISH I thought to create myself! About a year ago I started taking pictures of accessories and certain pieces of clothing that I bought so that I could easily plan outfits on the go or on the run especially for special occassions. I also found doing this helpful when shopping and looking for (for example) a statement necklace that perfectly matched a top I had recently bought. Well with Stylebook, I no longer have to take up room in my camera roll and scroll endlessly to find the picture I'm looking for, because I can now import all of my clothing onto Stylebook and can do so much more - including making packing lists which is SO helpful!! Definitely recommend for any style/fashion bloggers also!
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
1. Stick to a scheme: While I've seen rooms that have a broad color scheme and look GORGEOUS, I prefer rooms that have a set scheme with a small handful of matching colors.
2. Going bold on your walls: If you have a vibrant/bold color on your walls, I bet it looks awesome! If you aren't as comfortable doing a whole room with one bright color, try doing an accent wall! It makes the room pop perfectly, just not as risky as a whole room. If you go bold on the wall(s), try more subtle accents and decor.
3. Light up a room using the floor: If you're starting from scratch, consider going graphic with your flooring! I love a herringbone patterned floor like this one especially for a bathroom. It gives depth and pattern - without making too much of a "bright" statement! Or for a bedroom or living room, try a brightly patterned area rug like this one!
4. Vibrant patterns in a small way: I think a great way to somewhat-subtly make a statement is to DIY a bookshelf to look similar to this! Making a statement while keeping it understated all at the same time!
5. Go bold with bedding: If you're looking to make a statement in your bedroom, a great way to do so is getting a brightly patterned bed set within your color scheme! Chevron, ikat, stripes and paisley prints are all great ways to go.
6. All in the textiles: As you can see above in my current dream living room, I'm all about the wall art and patterned pillows!! Having a bright (or even neutral) colored sofa, mixed with a patterned accent chair and some gorgeous textured and patterned throw pillows makes me SO happy! Bright wall art also can make a room pop - especially a floral design that matches your color scheme to a T! But for real - how gorgeous do those details look together?!
7. Last but not least, lamps: While it's important to have lamps for ample lighting in any given room, these are also some of the most important decorative items too! Try a patterned lamp shade for some real POP! I especially love a bold colored shade like this one.