1. Going all out with decorations and party favors is something that never gets old. Year hats and glasses, feathers, tiaras, noisemakers, etc are all necessities for a fun party. Set up a spot to put all of these favors in for people to take and have fun taking party pictures with your friends!
2. Instead of one heavy meal, making tons of finger foods and party hors d'oeuvres like dips, veggies, snacks, bacon wrapped anything, cheese platters - the list is never ending! Letting people eat when they want to and as often as they want to is ideal. You can do the same with dessert foods such as chocolate covered fruit, mini cupcakes, etc.
3. Have an awesome bar cart - the most important part! Be sure to check out my bar cart essentials; having pretty champagne glasses and a fully stocked bar cart is all you really need for NYE am I right?!
4. Get tons of candles with decorative votives like these to place throughout the house. Not only will they look pretty but they give off a great vibe for NYE.
5. Go with gold!! Decorating with gold and glittery decor will set the vibe for the party; and what better way to bring a new year in than with gold and glitter? Put glitter on the table, your bar cart and even get or make edible glitter like in this awesome tutorial! I used that article to try making my edible glitter and it turned out amazing - so I'll definitely be making it for NYE!
6. Have an awesome playlist for the entire party! I like to watch New Years Rockin' Eve but that doesn't usually start until around 9 PM, so great music before, during and after is a must.
7. Make fun goodie-bags for your guests to take home after the party. Fun things can include Advil, a fun shot glass, Vitamin C, mints, etc.