1. Always be inspired to learn new things. Never think it's time to stop learning. Build on what you know, learn new things and gain more knowledge to share with the world. Take opportunities to learn what you find interesting - and learning doesn't have to be in a traditional way. Travel, don't pass up fun opportunities, live out of your comfort zone and aim to learn something new every day. You'll feel like a whole new person. ; )
2. Work, work, work. As Rihanna would say, get. it. DONE. Set deadlines for yourself and get things done beyond what's on your to-do list. You'll be feeling super girlboss-ish and it'll leave you having time to set aside for yourself. The more you work, the more you treat yourself. Simple!
3. Encourage other women to let out their inner girl boss. Share what you've learned and what you know; be encouraging and helpful to the women in your life - whether it's a friend or a family member, there's enough room for all of us to be successful. And really, there isn't a better feeling than helping to encourage others to be the best they can be.
4. Know your worth. Don't sell yourself short. Summer from Coffee with Summer wrote an INSANELY amazing and encouraging post all about how and why bloggers should never work for free. Your time is valuable, and you shouldn't sell yourself short. Ever. Period. You work hard and you deserve recognition for that work. This goes for bloggers, small business owners and girl bosses alike; you depend on your business, right? No one can expect you to work for free or less than you're worth. Luckily for us, there's an easy way these days to 1. keep track of your money and when you're paid and 2. make it easy to get paid. How? Enter Square Cash.
Square Cash is the easiest way to send and receive money from everyone - friends, family and those you do work for. Companies, individuals, other small businesses, etc. The beauty of Square Cash is that you don't have to physically be with your customer to receive payment. It can be done virtually (pretty much like a PayPal invoice, but easier) and getting the Square Cash app on your phone couldn't be any easier!
Once you download Square Cash, you simply sign up for an account and then link your debit card. Yep - that easy. Clearly this app is meant for all girl bosses ; ) There's also a Virtual Card that is available for free - so you can buy things online right from our account. It's almost too convenient! It's also the only app that allows for instant transfers (for a small, 1% fee) which is so convenient. Also, can we talk a second about that app that allows you to send/receive money, but your information is totally public? It's called Venmo and it's borderline freaky if you ask me! I know it's convenient and works well, but there's something that doesn't sit well with me about sharing who I send/receive money with, with anyone who wants to see it. One of my friends has used it for a while, and she always tries to get me on board... I told her about Square Cash and showed it to her when I visited a few weeks ago, and now (thank GOD!) she uses it! It's so much safer in my opinion and let's be honest, do we really need to know who paid who for concert tickets? I think not!
Thanks to Square Cash, you can not only save time by sending and receiving money from friends/family, you can make sure you get paid. Safe to say that getting Square Cash is an ULTIMATE #girlboss move!
5. Always be a step ahead of the game. Try to be prepared for anything and everything that will come your way. There's no doubt that there will be days where things don't go according to plan, but every girl boss knows that handling it comes easy if you're organized and try and stay ahead.
6. Hustle Hard. Don't get discouraged. There'll be days where you don't feel motivated. There WILL be days where you feel like you just want to shop or lay on the couch and binge watch something on Netflix. It's normal! This is where it's crucial to turn to others to help you get back into your groove. Whether it's a small group of friends, a family member or even a group online; there are SO many inspirational Facebook communities where bloggers and small business owners can come together and share things - questions, small wins, etc. There's so many I love, but one of my favorites is The Rising Tide Society. SO many inspiring small business owners/bloggers/girl bosses in that group, and there's so much room for spreading the encouragement you may need.
7. Find your grind. Each and every one of us has a different way of going about a daily routine. It's seriously ALL about what works best for you! If you find something that works for you and your routine, you're waaaay more likely to put 100% of yourself into it, right?! There's 24 hours in a day. Work with what ya got and kill it. All day. Every. Day.
8. Be passionate. Do things you love and that you genuinely are happy about. Set goals, meet goals, work hard and you're on your way to being THE ultimate girl boss. "Do it with passion, or not at all." And *insert fist pump emoji here*.