1. Add more moisture to your routine. Your hair needs added moisture just as much as your skin does in the cooler months! When there's such a change (especially a quick one) between the warm summer air and the brisk fall weather, it's so important to give your hair the moisture it needs in order for it to adapt. The air is so much drier this time of year, and since you're less likely to go out with a wet head and will be using the blow dryer and styling products more, making sure you give your hair more moisture than usual is so important! Coconut oil is a great pick to keep your hair voluminous and moisturized all day long. The new coconut-oil infused damage repair shampoo by Suave is meant to help deliver much needed moisture to your hair while keeping it voluminous and damage-free.
2. Opt for more natural ingredients. You don't put foods with ingredients that you don't know and trust into your body, so don't put ingredients that you don't know and trust onto your hair. Some hair products have harsh ingredients and chemicals that only quicken the drying process and make your hair more brittle and damaged. Bringing it back to coconut oil - look for a conditioner that has these natural oils and more trust worthy, natural ingredients to avoid any added harm. Suave's damage repair conditioner helps repair your hair of damage using natural components with a strong focus on coconut oil. It's salon proven to repair hair damage, and when it's done naturally you know it's got to be good! Natural ingredients - especially coconut oil - helps to lock in the moisture and give you luscious, healthy locks all day long.
3. Get frequent trims. More than usual, get your hair trimmed! Especially as summer comes to an end; we've been in the sun and heat all season long, and starting the new season off by getting rid of split and dead ends helps your hair so much. Whenever you have split ends, get a trim - it's the easiest way to keep your hair looking and feeling healthy. Use the season change as a good excuse to get a few inches off!
4. Use heat protection products. When you style your hair using a curling iron, straightener, etc., pick and use a heat spray that helps seal in that moisture we talked about. I see a huge difference when I use a heat protector versus when I don't! If you're going to add heat, at least help save your hair as much as possible.
5. Try a repairing oil treatment. Not only will a treatment like this help restore your hairs physical beauty and shine, but it'll help to reverse damage that's already been done. The Suave Coconut Oil Infusion Damage Repair Oil Treatment is a great option; it's meant to tame flyaways, give your hair long lasting shine and smooth any rough hair cuticles that this change in weather is known to cause! Using a soothing treatment on your hair like this one will help to keep your hair healthy both visually and deep into its roots.